Student Government: External Affairs Commission Members & Alternates
Name: Nayzak Wali-Ali
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 2-4 hrs/week
Start Date: Jan. 16, 2019
End Date: June 15, 2019
Job Number: 0008-3049-2019
Last Date to Apply: Jan. 15, 2019
External Affairs Commission is responsible for establishing connections and communicating with all off-campus public bodies that affect the welfare of students in the university. In addition, the commission works with the ASUCD Senate to develop and recommend policies for action on external issues as well as disseminate information concerning tasks of commission.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend weekly meetings on Tuesdays from 6:10 - 8:00 pm
- Contribute to discussions involving campus and city issues
- Work alongside commissioners as well as individuals outside the commission to achieve goals
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Enthusiasm to learn about both EAC and ASUCD
- Work well in a team environment
- Willing to support the commissions goal
- Good attitude
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.