Executive Office: Executive Chief of Staff
Name: Michael Gofman
Payrate: $66.93/week (pending budget approval, refer to budget for actual weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10 hrs/wk
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: March 15, 2019
Job Number: 0035-3070-2019
Last Date to Apply: Jan. 25, 2019
The Chief of Staff (CoS) is the chief advisor and aide of the ASUCD Executive Office. CoS will lead the Executive volunteer staff in completing student life projects, Executive Projects, administrative tasks, and learning about ASUCD. The position is also responsible for coordinating the smooth operation of the Executive Branch, comprising of all the volunteers, Secretaries, and staffs. Chief of Staff must also directly hire volunteer staff.
For more information please contact the President or visit:
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
Attend all weekly Cabinet Meetings
Coordinates with the Executive Departments to create Cabinet meeting agendas every week
Lead weekly Executive Staff meetings
Supervise a team of volunteers
Closely advise and assist the President & Cabinet
- Passion for student issues and improving the quality of life for all UC Davis students
- Adaptive Leader & Committed Team Player
- Must attend all mandatory meetings and be able to fulfill the previously listed responsibilities
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.