Student Government: Davis Housing Discrimination Committee - Chairperson
Name: Alisha Hacker
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 5-10 hrs/week
Start Date: March 12, 2019
End Date: March 12, 2020
Job Number: 0008-3096-2019
Last Date to Apply: March 5, 2019
Assist students in the community in addressing housing discrimination by establishing liaison between all on-campus and off-campus bodies within UC Davis and City of Davis.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Advocate for all UC Davis undergraduate student tenants and support them in pursuing housing discrimination cases, including but not limited to, official fair housing complaints and mediation services.
- Outreach and advocate to help undergraduate students understand their rights as renters in City of Davis.
- Coordinate housing advocacy efforts with City of Davis and Yolo County.
- Lead Davis Housing Discrimination Committee (DHDC) meetings every week and delegate over DHDC Commissioners.
- Communication skills, verbal and written
- Public speaking skills
- Organizational skills
- Previous experience with underrepresented communities and organizations
- Knowledge of fair housing regulations and complaint processes
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.