Unitrans: Route Training Manager
Name: Rufhiline Tolosa
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $16.25/Hr + $30/week stipend (pending budget approval, refer to budget for actual weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 16-19 hrs/wk
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-3102-2019
Last Date to Apply: March 12, 2019
Provide management oversight to the Route Training program.
Unitrans is an equal opportunity employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
A. Oversee Route Trainers
- Work with the Human Resource Manager (HRM) to ensure an adequate number of Route Trainers(RTs) are hired and trained.
- Implement and oversee RT training program.
- Maintain and update RT manual.
- Assist the Training Manager in monitoring RT performance to ensure that all RTs are performing up to Unitrans standards.
- Organize RT evaluation sheets and ensure timely tracking.
- Evaluate RTs
- Maintain regular communication with all RTs
- Lead bi-weekly RT sign-up sheet
- Enter RT evaluation sheets in spreadsheet
- Maintain weekly RT sign-up sheet
- Ensure RT driving requirements are all filled; coordinate RT shift summary approval with HRM during Priority.
B. Oversee Route Trainees
- Ensure trainees fulfill requirements
- Communicate with route trainees to ensure quick completion of training
- Recommend approval of route trainees for revenue service
- Make approval recommendations to Training Manager when a route trainee finishes
C. Other Responsibilities
- Lead hiring process for new Route Trainers
- Recruit RTs and promote training program with Unitrans
- Must have worked at least three quarters at RT
- Must have a good driving record, with no avoidable accidents or safety probations within the pastyear.
- Ability to demonstrate good organization and time management skills.
- Should provide leadership to RTs and Trainees.
- Must be able to exercise sound independent judgment of self and others.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Must be able to quickly establish and maintain a strong working relationship with Unitrans management and training staff, particularly the Training Manager, Driver Training Manager, and Human Resources Manager.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.