Unitrans: Shop Office Assistant
Name: Yanette Smith
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 12-15 hrs/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-3136-2019
Last Date to Apply: March 28, 2019
This position is located at the Unitrans Pad on 800 Garrod Dr. The Shop Office Assistants have duties including data entry, payroll, and billing, record keeping, and assisting the Administrative Assistant.
Unitrans is an Equal Employment Opportunity
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK SUMMERS AND BREAKS; time off negotiable
- Transfer of drivers’ mechanical requests to work orders
- Process all received paperwork with correct bus information.
- Process invoices to provide to Uni 1 for further processing and approvals.
- Balance fuel usage of diesel and CNG for Unitrans buses and support vehicles
- Enter received inventory data of mechanic hours, work completed, and vehicle information into computer system
- Balance student and career labor hours
- Review and complete purchase orders for parts and materials
- Upload purchase order information into the electronic system after data entry is completed
- Update Excel documents to contribute towards monthly fuel reports
- Answer phones and take messages when needed
- Contact shop manager, shopkeeper, and Uni 1 to troubleshoot basic discrepancies on invoices and orders.
- Maintain office filing, as per Federal and State Standards
- Enter vehicle work order data of mechanics’ hours, work completed and vehicle information into computer system.
- Run errands/distribute documents between business offices.
- Other duties as assigned by Shop Administrative Assistant
- Review time recorded from the previous pay week
- Create manual timecards for the Shop students and career staff
- File work orders, purchase orders, check in/check out sheets, and any other misc. document
- Assist Shop Administrative Assistant in creating monthly billing reports
- Assist Shop Manager and Storekeeper as needed
- Conducting in-house audits to ensure that paperwork is filed and correctly.
- Sample audits include, but not limited to:
- verification that check in/check out sheets are properly transferred into work orders
- ensuring purchase orders are entered properly into the Transit Fleet System
- researching PM Histories to verify that PM work orders are properly entered into TF and filed in the cabinets correctly
- Review the attached PM checklist to ensure that it corresponds to PM work order, that all areas are completely initialed and is correctly filed
- Review vault checklist and verify location of vaults listed, add/remove vault numbers as appropriate
Ability to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility
- Either Class C Driver’s License with a clean DMV driving record or another method of distributing documents/mail between business offices.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments
- Ability to complete work assignments with limited supervision and to seek advice and direction when the assignments and/or instructions are unclear
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, including the maintenance of a well-organized record-keeping system
- Ability to follow Unitrans and University policies and procedures
- Ability to work with basic office equipment, including desktop computers, phone systems, copy/scan machine, fax, etc.
- Ability to work with or learn Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work well with numbers
- Ability to work well in an active office with constant interruptions
- Good communication, organization, and customer service skills
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.