Executive Office: Controller
Name: Justin Hurst
Payrate: $139.50/week (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 15 hrs/week (variable)
Start Date: April 5, 2019
End Date: March 30, 2020
Job Number: 0035-3139-2019
Last Date to Apply: April 1, 2019
The ASUCD Controller is the chief advisor to the ASUCD President and student government on matters regarding the Budget, finances, revenue generation, and other fiscal issues. This position has many responsibilities and is charged with overseeing the ASUCD budget. This position is most intensely busy during Spring for the annual budget hearings where we determine the $13 million budget. The Controller must be competent in finances and business to advise and to lead ASUCD in new money saving & earning policies. This position works closely with the Business Manager as well.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend weekly Executive Office Meetings
- Chair important internal committees
- Supervise a team of volunteer staff to assist in this role’s duties
- Responsible for writing the Budget during Spring and advancing financial policy
- Pragmatic Problem-Solver
- Adaptive Leader and Committed Team Player
- Must attend all mandatory meetings and be able to fulfill the previously listed responsibilities
- Financial & Economic Competency
- Ability to explain difficult topics in an accessible, clear, and concise manner
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.