Unitrans: Business Office Manager
Name: Jolena Pacheco
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $14.75/hr and $30/wk stipend (refer to budget for actual weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: Yes
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 15-19 hours/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-3169-2019
Last Date to Apply: April 11, 2019
Supervise Office Clerks, supervise and work cooperatively on campus/community outreach events with the Outreach Coordinator, and offer general support to all daily functions of the Unitrans Business Office.
The successful candidate may hold this position through expected graduation date based on satisfactory performance in the position.
Unitrans is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
Supervise Office Clerks
- Hire and train office clerks; evaluate the number of office clerks needed each quarter as well as hire and train them as necessary
- Ensure all office clerk tasks are completed thoroughly and in a timely fashion- passenger data entry, pass sales, customer calls, and email replies
- Ensure that all shifts are covered; this includes scheduling shift selections at the beginning of each quarter/finals/break, and helping office clerks with shift coverage throughout the quarter
- Keep office clerk materials up to date; this includes daily checklists and resources such as the office clerk manual, phone lists, cheat sheets, and notices for service changes/special service
Supervisor Customer Outreach Activities
- As part of the outreach team, supervise and work with the Unitrans Outreach
- Coordinator to plan and carry out a variety of campus and community outreach
- Assist with staffing outreach events with office clerks and other Unitrans employees
- Work with the Marketing Manager to ensure that outreach and promotional supplies
- are ordered and fully stocked
Maintain Office Equipment and Supplies
- Maintain/organize a variety of standard office supplies and reorder as necessary
- Check that office equipment is working properly and coordinate with appropriate staff for necessary maintenance and repairs
Document Control and Maintenance
- Create and maintain various office-related forms and checklists
- Review and approve completed forms and reports for internal verification and control.
- Ensure that documents are properly filed and organized.
- Hold meetings to keep the oﬃce clerk staﬀ up to date on announcements
- Attend weekly Unitrans managers meetings and keep detailed notes of each meeting
- Attend quarterly employee meetings to listen to announcements, introduce new oﬃce
- staﬀ and hand out awards
- Ensure that print and electronic media containing information on business office
- operations is up to date
- Must be a current Unitrans employee
- Must be able to commit to working summers, breaks, and occasional weekends, including Picnic Day
- Must be available to start training immediately
- Ability to eﬀectively interact with individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities
- Able to communicate well with superiors, equals, and those under supervision,
- including both student employees and career staff
- Ability to address customer inquiries in a friendly, professional, and informative
- matter, and to train new staff on effective handling of customer inquiries
- Ability to quickly learn new processes and procedures and train staff on their
- Ability to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility, motivation, and
- problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge and use of the Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- and Google platforms (Docs, Forms, Sheets, and Mail)
- Ability to remain proactive and accountable for weekly, monthly, and quarterly duties
Expected Learning Outcomes:
The Business Office Manager has the opportunity to further develop and reinforce
valuable time management, organization, problem-solving and communication skills,
and will gain hands on experience that is directly transferrable to a wide range of future
careers both within and outside of the public transit industry.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.