Unitrans: Web Developer
Name: Wade Lewis
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 15-19.5 hrs/wk
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-3182-2019
Last Date to Apply: April 15, 2019
Assist the IT Manager in building and maintaining web applications. Perform maintenance on the computer workstations that Unitrans employees use on a daily basis.
The successful candidate may hold this position through expected graduation date based on satisfactory performance in the position.
Unitrans is an equal opportunity employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Help develop the Unitrans Web Suite, an internal web application used to manage most of the administrative and operational tasks within the company.
- Help to maintain workstations on the Unitrans network.
B) Ability to manage Windows based computers including:
- Reformatting the Hard Drive, installing the OS, and installing third-party software.
- Set up peripherals and provide technical support to users.
C) Experience working with a SQL based DBMS (Oracle, MySQL, etc.)
D) Experience working with a version control system (Git or Subversion).
E) Experience developing in an MVC Framework (Django, Zend, Mach II).
F) Ability to work independently and meet development goals/deadlines.
G) Ability to work through Spring quarter 2020 (or beyond, that’s a plus)
(All skill levels – don’t be intimidated if you’re an underclassman, just get ready to show us why .)
Why Web Development for Unitrans?
- Gain management, interpersonal, and technical skills to brag about on your resume.
- Work in a friendly, comfortable environment.
- Flexible Hours.
- Become a part of the Unitrans family and make friends for life.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.