Student Government: Senate Staff for Senator Chen
Name: Peiyuan Chen
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 2-4 hrs/week
Start Date: June 15, 2019
End Date: Dec. 31, 2019
Job Number: 0008-3213-2019
Last Date to Apply: June 15, 2019
The Senate Staff monitors and updates Senator Chen, Chief of Staff and Legislative Director on issues on campus. The Senate Staff will act as an assistant to Senator Chen and constituents and answers correspondence and verbal communications with constituents.
Help me better serve marginalized student community.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend all weekly meetings
- Attend Senate Meeting
- Attend campus event
- Attend Commissions and Committees meeting
- Act as the representative for Senator Chen, answering correspondence, meeting with constituents
- Assist Senator Chen with projects
- Go to commission meetings and take down notes
- Passion for student issues and improving the quality of life for all UC Davis students
- Adaptive Leader and Committed Team Player
- Must attend all mandatory meetings and be able to fulfill the previous listed responsibilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.