Unitrans: Transit Marketing Manager
Name: Morgan Tieu
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: Yes
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 15-19 hrs/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-3224-2019
Last Date to Apply: May 10, 2019
Direct and manage Unitrans’ advertising, marketing, outreach, and promotional activities, and oversee the creation and maintenance of multimedia (print and electronic) projects for Unitrans.
The successful candidate may hold this position through expected graduation date based on satisfactory performance in the position.
Unitrans is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Assistant General Manager of Administration.
THOSE SUPERVISED: Transit Marketing Assistants.
If you are selected for an interview, you will be asked to bring a portfolio of samples that you believe best represents your design aesthetic for review by the selection panel.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Hire, train, and supervise Transit Marketing Assistants
- Oversee the development and production of the annual Unitrans bus schedule
- Work with the Operations Manager, Human Resources Manager, Business Office Manager, and Customer Outreach Coordinator (and other Unitrans Managers as needed) to identify needs for employee and public outreach materials, and develop/implement work plans for the timely completion of identified tasks
- Organize and prioritize various requests for printed materials throughout the company, and negotiate delivery schedules as needed
- Catalog and manage all Unitrans internal and external print and electronic media files, and obtain permission for use of non-original artwork in any Unitrans print or electronic publications
- Administer Unitrans’ public social media interfaces and post relevant and timely customer service information
- Participate in weekly meetings with other Unitrans managers and career staff
- Organize and coordinate purchases of materials and supplies needed for all production efforts
- Regularly update and maintain Marketing Unit processes, procedures, and contact lists
- Oversee the development and implementation of special projects as needed
- Ability to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility
- Ability to implement effective time management techniques, and seek advice and direction as needed on project priorities
- Ability to properly organize and delegate tasks as needed to ensure the timely completion of projects
- Ability to communicate along all lines of authority in a professional manner
- Must be able to train during the remainder of Spring Quarter, and must be available to work during the summer
- Computer illustration and design applications (Adobe Illustrator, Adobe In-Design, Adobe Photoshop, etc)
- Computer hardware and other equipment required to complete various assignments, including but not limited to desktop/laptop computers, printers, copiers, film and digital cameras, video cameras and editing equipment, scanners, and other reproductive equipment
- Principles of design
- Digital image manipulation techniques
- Graphic computer file creation and preparation
- Correct English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Production, printing and finishing techniques, as it relates to design and fabrication
- Multiple file formats and cross-platform issues for file distribution
- Word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software. Experience with Microsoft Word Office Suite and Google applications (Drive, Documents, Sheets, Slides, etc)
Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.