Student Government: Gender and Sexuality Commission Chair
Name: Daniel Tillman
Payrate: $72/week (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-15 hours/week
Start Date: Sept. 25, 2019
End Date: June 4, 2020
Job Number: 0008-3227-2019
Last Date to Apply: May 23, 2019
To effectively lead the Gender and Sexuality Commission in carrying out its purpose as defined in the ASUCD bylaws, as well as the duties of a commission chair. The GASC actively promotes awareness and advocacy on issues pertaining to gender and sexuality- which includes, but is not limited to sexual assault, reproductive issues, and queer and trans rights.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend and facilitate meetings
- Submit quarterly reports detailing the projects and actions of the commission
- Attend weekly scheduled ASUCD Senate meetings
- Hold a minimum of four (4) office hours per week
- Post vacancy listings for GASC commissioners and certain committees of ASUCD
- Plan and oversee events that are related to the commission's mission
- Lead and facilitate competency training regarding issues relating to gender and sexuality
- Must complete LGBTQIA+ Allyship Training, Cultural Humility Training/PEACE Training, UndocuAlly Training
- Experience facilitating meetings
- Experience with event planning and preferred experience crafting workshops
- Knowledge of ASUCD protocol and bylaws on GASC's purpose
- Good writing and communication skills
- Previous and/or present connection to various organizations, connected to gender and sexuality preferred, but not required.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.