Student Government: Gender and Sexuality Commissioner/Alternate
Name: Daniel Tillman
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 1-4 hrs/week
Start Date: Sept. 25, 2019
End Date: June 4, 2020
Job Number: 0008-3228-2019
Last Date to Apply: May 23, 2019
The Gender and Sexuality Commission (GASC) actively promotes awareness and advocacy on issues pertaining to gender and sexuality, as well as sexual assault and reproductive freedom. GASC works with campus resources pertaining to such issues and combines outreach efforts and special projects to educate students and assist campus reform.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Commissioners must attend and actively participate in commission meetings and projects, as well as assist in passing legislation, grants, and funding.
- Coordinate events and/or workshops
- Outreach to student organizations
- Provide input and effective support around issues of gender and sexuality, such as LGBTQ+ rights, reproductive justice, sexual assault, racism, and other intersections/combinations of prejudice
- Good writing and communication skills
- Willingness to learn and maintain an open mind
- Previous and/or present connection to various organizations, connected to gender and sexuality preferred, but not required.
- Must complete LGBTQIA+ Allyship Training, Cultural Humility Training/PEACE Training, UndocuAlly Training
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.