Student Government: Ethnic & Cultural Affairs Commission Chair
Name: Rina Singh
Payrate: $64.00/wk (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-15 hrs/week
Start Date: May 27, 2019
End Date: June 15, 2020
Job Number: 0008-3275-2019
Last Date to Apply: May 24, 2019
To help the Ethnic & Cultural Affairs Commission (ECAC) in reaching its goal of being a liason between ASUCD and historically underrepresented communities at UC Davis, as well as investigating and recommending policies for such communities.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Facilitate weekly meetings with commissioners.
- Be an overall liason between ASUCD and underrepresented communities
- Help allocate grants for student organizations as well as legislation
- Attend senate meetings.
- Coordinate relevant programming
- Public speaking and communication skills
- A passion for social justice
- Previous organization experience and participation with ECAC highly recommended
- Previous experience with historically underrepresented communities & student orgs
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.