Picnic Day: Entertainment Director
Name: Nicole Deacon
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: Volunteer w/One-Time Stipend of $853 (pending budget approval
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 10-15 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances. Hours beyond specified hours per week are considered volunteer educational experience.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 5, 2020
Job Number: 0004-3360-2019
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 8, 2019
Choose and Schedule performances for 3 stages from campus and local performing groups.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Create advertising materials, create application and confirmation material, reviews demos.
- Select 60-70 performing groups, draft the entertainment schedule and introductions for performers and maintain contact with groups (to send contracts, provide information, and coordinate parking and technical needs, etc.).
- Collaborate with Technical Director to host training on stage equipment to ensure quality sound on Picnic Day.
- Recruit and train Assistant Directors to work each stage and assist in general planning.
- Oversee all entertainment stages on Picnic Day.
- Prepare end-of -year report.
- Attend weekly Board meetings and other meetings as necessary.
- Hold mandatory office hours each week
- Communication skills
- Responsible and Respectful.
- What do you hope to accomplish as Entertainment Director? (300 words max)
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.