Executive Office: Student Advocate
Name: Justin Hurst
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx.15 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 30, 2020
Job Number: 0035-3369-2019
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 20, 2019
The Student Advocate represents ASUCD in discussions with University or campus administration regarding student rights, campus rules, and/or other areas of student conduct.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Represent ASUCD to all academic administration
- Offer aid to UC Davis students charged with University or violations, experiencing Financial Aid difficulties, disputing grades, and/or filing grievances againsta members of the campus community
- Coordinate student outreach and education
- Serve as Chair of the Campus Engagement Outreach Committee
- Knowledge of the politics and operations at UC Davis
- Diplomatic and political skills
- Extensive organizing experience
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.