Unitrans: Route Supervisor
Name: Emma Karzin
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 15 hrs/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-3406-2019
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 10, 2019
To maintain the safe, efficient, and effective daily operations of the Unitrans system.
The successful candidate may hold this position through expected graduation date based on satisfactory performance in the position.
Unitrans is an equal opportunity employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Held directly responsible for the location and status of all Unitrans vehicles at all times.
- In charge of handling check-ins and making sure that all employees arrive for shifts. Also responsible for contacting employees in the event of uncovered and/or missed shifts.
- Dispatches trippers as necessary.
- Oversees and responds to accidents, bus problems, bus switches, minor repair, fluid spills, etc.
- Ensure that terminals are well stocked with schedules.
- Completes Driver evaluations.
- Serves as a messenger between the Maintenance Facility and Uni-1.
- Shuttles employees when possible.
- Fuels vehicles when needed.
- Oversees in-town charters outside of regular service hours.
- Oversees Sunday Amtrak Shuttle.
- Must currently be a Unitrans driver.
- Knowledge of the Unitrans system including familiarity with daily operations.
- Knowledge of the capabilities of the different types of Unitrans vehicles.
- Obtain a class B driver’s license.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility.
- Ability to communicate along all lines of authority.
- Listening skills.
- Ability to make objective personnel decisions.
- Ability to motivate people to meet necessary deadlines.
- Must be completely trained on automatic double deck buses. If you do not meet this requirement, please talk to the Route Supervisor Manager.
- Able to motivate fellow workers to meet necessary deadlines.
- Must be able to be conductor trained.
- Must not be on probation or suspension of any form.
- Must complete paid training and shadowing program before assuming the full responsibilities of a Route Supervisors.
- Must have 500 Lifetime hours at Unitrans
- Submit complete resume and cover letter.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.