Unitrans: Route Trainer
Name: Blas Torres
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 13 Trainable Hours
Start Date: Nov. 15, 2019
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-3485-2019
Last Date to Apply: Nov. 14, 2019
To provide bus guidance to drivers currently in the Route Training Program.
The successful candidate may hold this position through expected graduation date based on satisfactory performance in the position.
Unitrans is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Evaluate and provide feedback to drivers currently in the Route Training program
- Submit trainee evaluations in a timely manner
- Must attend regular Route Trainer meetings run by the Training Manager
1. At least 500 cummulative driving hours.
2. Must have a good driving record.
3. Must be able to work at least one full academic quarter following your hiring.
4. A strong knowledge of all Unitrans buses, routes, and policies
5. Teaching skills necessary to train students on proper operation of transit vehicles.
APPLICANTS: Please submit a cover letter along with resume. Applications without a cover letter will be discarded.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.