Student Government: Internal Affairs Commission Members and Alternates
Name: Ashley Lo
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 2 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances
Start Date: Feb. 17, 2020
End Date: June 11, 2020
Job Number: 0008-3573-2020
Last Date to Apply: Feb. 3, 2020
The Internal Affairs Commission(IAC) investigates and recommends improvements to the ASUCD Constitution, Bylaws, and Long-Range Plans, often authoring legislation as a commission for consideration by the ASUCD Senate.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend weekly commission meetings(2 hours and most per week)
- Assist with drafting legislation for commission
- Collaborate with commissioners and other members of ASUCD to complete projects for the commission
- Develop a strong grasp of the ASUCD's governing documents in order to advise other ASUCD members
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Proficient writer and strong grasp of grammar
- Adaptable and open to learning
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list any previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.