Unitrans: Web Developer
Name: Wade Lewis
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: N/A
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 15-19.5 hrs/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-3600-2020
Last Date to Apply: Jan. 30, 2020
Assist the IT Manager in building and maintaining web applications. Perform maintenance on the computer workstations that Unitrans employees use on a daily basis.
The successful candidate may hold this position through expected graduation date based on satisfactory performance in the position.
Unitrans is an equal opportunity employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Help develop the Unitrans Web Suite, an internal web application used to manage most of the administrative and operational tasks within the company.
- Help to maintain workstations on the Unitrans network.
A) Web development experience in Python and/or React.
B) Ability to manage Windows based computers including:
1. Reformatting the Hard Drive, installing the OS, and installing third-party software.
2. Set up peripherals and provide technical support to users.
C) Experience working with a SQL based DBMS (Oracle, MySQL, etc.)
D) Experience working with a version control system (Git or Subversion).
E) Experience developing in an MVC Framework (Django, Zend, Mach II).
F) Ability to work independently and meet development goals/deadlines.
G) Ability to work through Spring Quarter 2020 (longer is a plus)
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.