Student Government: Staff Assistant (Student Government Administrative Office)
Name: McKenna Weitzel
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: Yes
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 12 hours/week
Start Date: Feb. 24, 2020
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0008-3638-2020
Last Date to Apply: Feb. 13, 2020
The Staff Assistant is responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the Student Government Administrative Office.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Prepare and distribute legislation to and from the Senate and the respective commissions.
- Prepare and distribute the ASUCD Senate agenda.
- Type internal and external correspondence for the Senate members, President, Vice President, and Student Government Advisor.
- Prepare history files for the ASUCD Senate,and the ASUCD Elections Committee.
- Organize and keep current the Senate and commission bulletin boards.
- Utilize Google Docs to create documents and forms.
- Provide transparency by updating the ASUCD website with relevant information and government documents.
- Remain unbiased toward student government affairs and effectively communicate with various business managers, senators, commissioners, and unit directors within ASUCD.
- Must be able to prioritize work, work independently and know personal limitations.
- Must be well versed and competent with Google Drive.
- Must be a good proofreader and be proficient in drafting and sending emails.
- Must have good communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to anticipate work and be a self-starter.
- Must work well with others, and have a positive attitude.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- The staff assistants are supervised by and report to the Office Manager.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list any previous experience as it pertains to this position.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.