Student Government: Student Police Relations Committee Member
Name: Shelby Salyer
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 1-4 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: March 2, 2020
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0008-3643-2020
Last Date to Apply: March 1, 2020
Improve relations between the student body and UC Davis and Davis police departments. Participate in programs, events, and contribute to a committee that seeks to improve student-police relations.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Participate in Student-Police Relations Committee
- Attend committee meetings at least twice a month
- Assist committee chair in maintaining contact and open relations with UC Davis and Davis police departments
- Ability to collaborate in a group setting
- Interest in police accountability
- Commitment to UC Davis Principles of Community
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list any previous experience as it pertains to this position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.