Unitrans: Human Resources Manager
Name: Akshara Bangalore
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $18.00/hr (+$50 per wk stipend)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: N/A
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-19.5 hrs/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-3657-2020
Last Date to Apply: Feb. 23, 2020
Responsible for all human resources-related functions for Unitrans student staff including; hiring, recruitment, retention, outreach, maintaining records, and discipline.
The successful candidate may hold this position through expected graduation date based on satisfactory performance in the position.
Unitrans is an equal opportunity employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
1. Must be a current Unitrans employee in good standing
2. Must be able and eligible to work during Summer 2020 and through Spring 2020 under current ASUCD regulations
3. Familiarity with Unitrans, its various departments, and policies
4. Must be available for on-the-job training during Winter and Spring Quarter 2020 prior to assuming full HRM duties.
Assistant General Manager, Administration
1. Human Resources
a. Review and process Leaving Unitrans forms and communicate with payroll about
employees on Leave of Absence
b. Complete requests for part-time status letters and employment verifications
c. Input all newly hired employees into Unitrans employee database in a timely fashion
d. Fill out ASUCD Hiring Packets and/or Change of Status forms when necessary
e. Maintain and monitor the Unitrans Employee-Focused Facebook pages
f. Manage employee bus pass program
g. Intervene with disciplinary action when requested by departments
h. Handle employee personnel needs ancillary HR duties
a. Oversee all hiring processes for all student employee positions in Unitrans
b. Must be present on every interview panel
c. Create and publish annual Hiring Manual
d. Post student employee positions on vacancy when requested
e. Check/update positions descriptions when needed
f. Maintain and organize all records of all position descriptions, posting, hiring paperwork,
and interview notes
g. Ensure fair and equal hiring practices are executed with every single hiring
a. Oversee Human Resources Assistants
b. Oversee Recruitment and Retention Coordinator
c. Hold weekly meetings with HR Department to conjure projects and delegate tasks
d. Schedule and attend weekly Managers Meetings
e. Hold weekly office hours
a. Communicate hiring dates to Recruitment and Retention Coordinator and plan on recruitment dates
b. Sign up for recruitment events on campus and help staff schedule employees to help out with outreach events
a. Oversee Recruitment and Retention Coordinator in planning frequent events for student staff
b. Meet regularly with the Recruitment and Retention Coordinator to discuss retention efforts and evaluate effectiveness
a. Update employee boxes at the pad every quarter with the help of Human Resources Assistants
b. Reserve rooms on campus for classroom trainings / department meetings whenever needed
c. Attend quarterly Mandatory meetings to answer questions and address employee concerns.
The qualifications necessary to perform the duties of the Unitrans Human Resources Manager may be acquired, to a large extent, through on-the-job training and experience. General, fundamental attributes necessary for this position are listed below:
1. Exercise sound, independent judgement
2. Demonstrate strong leadership abilities
3. Demonstrate strong listening, communication, and people-person skills
4. Demonstrate strong organizational and planning skills
5. Demonstrate conflict resolution skills
6. Exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex, and confidential personnel issues
7. Ability to work effectively with other Unitrans departments
8. Ability to prepare clear, concise, and comprehensive correspondence and other written materials
9. Commitment to evaluating human resources management practices and procedures to make steps towards improvement
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.