Student Government: Aggie Public Arts Committee Member
Name: Kinuye Koide
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 1-4 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: March 10, 2020
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0008-3660-2020
Last Date to Apply: Feb. 27, 2020
APAC's goal is to contribute to the cultural enrichment of the UCD student body by adding art to public spaces. We provide an outlet for students of all skill levels, interests, and backgrounds to be involved with creation and installation of artwork on campus and in the Davis community. We ensure that public art is incorporated into UCD long-term plans for future campus projects, expansion, and development. We are interested in all art forms, including but not limited to painting, digital art, film, music, etc.
Our biggest interest is to build a team of passionate artists who all have the same goal in mind: changing, shaping, and bettering UCD through public arts.
For students unconfident in their artistic abilites, there are also positions available for those looking to build thier communication and interpersonal skills. APAC is an ooportunity to collobrate closely with public officers and develop real-world negotiation skills.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend weekly APAC meetings.
- Collobrate with a team of artists to plan, design, and create new public art.
- Develop interpersonal skills by collobrating with school and local authorities.
As a newly revived committee, there is potential for picking up leadership positions or heading your own project.
- Enjoys group collobrations
- Passion for the arts (whatever your personal art form may be)
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Based on the list of skills and values, select one most significant to yourself and describe an instance in which you displayed this skill/value.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.