Student Government: Herbicide Free Committee Board Members
Name: Kit Nga Chou
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 3-4 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances
Start Date: March 30, 2020
End Date: June 5, 2020
Job Number: 0008-3680-2020
Last Date to Apply: March 26, 2020
The Herbicide Free Committee(HFC) will collaborate with student committee general members, administration, and groundskeeping to reduce the use of herbicides at UC Davis. HFC is a nationwide organization to support the elimination of synthetic herbicide use on various campuses. (www.herbicidefreecampus.org)
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
The HFC will be made up of a core group of board members(hired through vacancy), and an unrestricted number of general members.
- Collaborate with HFC students nationwide
- Collaborate closely with Arboretum and facilities management for grant drafting and implementation
Duties may include:
- Organize herbicide related events
- Plan general meetings and recruitment
- Write herbicide-free resolutions to present to ASUCD Senate Meeting
- Maintain online prescence/social media
- Collaborate with other clubs/organizations
- No prior experience required!
- Interest in transforming our campus into a safer, healthier, herbicide-free place
- Ability to collaborate in groups
- Year long commitment is preferred
- Describe how HFC's mission relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list any previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.