Bike Barn: Mechanic
Name: Jack Rogers
You can visit the Bike Barn website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 12- 19 hrs/week
Start Date: April 13, 2020
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0012-3682-2020
Last Date to Apply: April 9, 2020
To assist in operation of the Bike Barn as an entry level bike mechanic. Applicants will be hired to begin during either the beginning of summer or the beginning of fall.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Opening and closing the shop
- Complete repairs and assign duties
- Keep store/break area/ and work area clean and presentable
- Sweep floors
- Restock shelves
- Assist customers up front (when provisional period is up).
- Must be self-motivated and willing to learn.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Prior mechanic experience, including bikes or otherwise, is not required but it certainly helps.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.