Housing Advising for Undergraduate Students: Unit Director
Name: Justin Hurst
You can visit the Housing Advising for Undergraduate Students website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $78.75/week (pending budget approval- refer to budget for weeks paid) Hours beyond specified hours per week are considered volunteer educational experience. (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approx. 19/week depending on individual circumstances. Hours beyond specified hours per week are considered volunteer educational experience.
Start Date: July 1, 2020
End Date: June 30, 2021
Job Number: 0032-3688-2020
Last Date to Apply: April 16, 2020
Respsonsible for managing and overseeing Housing Advising for Undergraduate Students (HAUS), a unit that provides students with the resources necessary to find off-campus housing.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the unit and establish yearly goals that align with the 2020 Vision for ASUCD.
- Hire and manage all staff including recruiting, training, evaluating, motivating, delegating, and monitoring their activities. Schedule ongoing staff meetings.
- Work with Creative Media to maket the unit and increase visibility.
- Attend unit director trainings as required by ASUCD leadership.
- Work with ASUCD Busniess Manager and ASUCD Controller to ensure that operational pactices comply with ASUCD/UC Davis policies and procedures.
- Maintain Unit policies and procedures.
- Uphold, safegaurd, and promote ASUCD's values and philosophy relating to ethic, integrity, and social responsibility.
- Create and present a written report once a quarter to ASUCD Senate.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.