Refrigerator Services: Unit Director
Name: Justin Hurst
You can visit the Refrigerator Services website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $56.70/week (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: n/a
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 4-6 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances. Hours beyond specified hours per week are considered volunteer educational experience.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 30, 2021
Job Number: 0019-3695-2020
Last Date to Apply: April 16, 2020
Charged with managing and overseeing Refrigerator Services, a unit that is responsible for increasing the comfort of students living in the dormitories through the rental of refrigerator units to ASUCD members.
********Refer to ASUCD Budget for actual weeks paid********
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the unit and establish yearly goals that align with the 2020 Vision for ASUCD.
- Hire and manage all staff including recruiting, training, evaluating, motivating, delegating, and monitoring their activities. Schedule ongoing staff meetings.
- Work with Creative Media to market the unit and increase visibility.
- Develop and track metrics within Unit to drive decisions and present with quarterly reports.
- Create and present a written report once a quarter to ASUCD Senate, meet with adopted Senator for the unit on a quarterly basis, and act as the liaison between the student government and unit.
- Attend unit director trainings as required by ASUCD leadership.
- Work with ASUCD Business Manager to ensure that operational practices comply with ASUCD/UC Davis Policies and Procedures.
- Work with the ASUCD Controller to review and evaluate unit budget.
- Maintain Unit policies and procedures.
- Uphold, safeguard, and promote ASUCD’s values and philosophy relating to ethics, integrity, social responsibility.
- Act as the point person to resolve issues within the unit. Bring larger issues to the attention of the ASUCD President and ASUCD Business Manager.
- If necessary, work with facilities to decommission old refrigerators.
- Perform administrative duties and work independently.
- Interpersonal communication skills and exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong time and project management skills.
- Ability to motivate and inspire staff.
- Proficient at Gmail and Microsoft Word.
- Understanding of operational management and finance.
- Experience managing employees and/or volunteers preferred
a. Attend quarterly ASUCD Trainings held by the Vice-president’s Office in conjunction with the HeadQuarters Office.
b. Fulfill all duties described in this position description.
c. Work with IAC and B&F to complete annual audits and LRP’s of their unit
d. Work with ASUCD to complete ASUCD’s goals
In order to be eligible for consideration and interview, successful candidate must be able to commit to:
a. Spring 2020: Unpaid training/shadowing:
- A minimum of 20 hours for the quarter of shadowing of current director.
- Attend mandatory ASUCD Leadership Course. The student will earn 2 units upon successful completion of the ASUCD Leadership Course. The course is two hours a week for 9 weeks, and is Pass/No Pass.
b. Fall 2020: Position will be converted to pay as listed above, pending budget approval
Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.