Unitrans: Route Training Manager
Name: Blas Torres
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $17.25/Hr + $30/week stipend (pending budget approval, refer to budget for actual weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 16-19hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-3707-2020
Last Date to Apply: March 29, 2020
Provide management oversight to the Route Training program.
The successful candidate may hold this position through expected graduation date based on satisfactory performance in the position.
Unitrans is an equal opportunity employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
A. Oversee Route Trainers
- Work with the Human Resource Manager (HRM) to ensure an adequate number of Route Trainers(RTs) are hired and trained.
- Implement and oversee RT training program.
- Maintain and update RT manual.
- Assist the Training Manager in monitoring RT performance to ensure that all RTs are performing up to Unitrans standards.
- Organize RT evaluation sheets and ensure timely tracking.
- Evaluate RTs
- Maintain regular communication with all RTs
- Lead bi-weekly RT sign-up sheet
- Enter RT evaluation sheets in spreadsheet
- Maintain weekly RT sign-up sheet
- Ensure RT driving requirements are all filled; coordinate RT shift summary approval with HRM during Priority.
B. Oversee Route Trainees
- Ensure trainees fulfill requirements
- Communicate with route trainees to ensure quick completion of training
- Recommend approval of route trainees for revenue service
- Make approval recommendations to Training Manager when a route trainee finishes
C. Other Responsibilities
- Lead hiring process for new Route Trainers
- Recruit RTs and promote training program with Unitrans
- Must have worked at least 250 Route Training total hours
- Must have a good driving record, with no avoidable accidents or safety probations within the past year. And must not be on any kind of probation.
- Ability to demonstrate good organization and time management skills.
- Should provide leadership to RTs and Trainees.
- Must be able to exercise sound independent judgment of self and others.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Must be able to quickly establish and maintain a strong working relationship with Unitrans management and training staff, particularly the Training Manager, Driver Training Manager, and Human Resources Manager.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.