Unitrans: Support Services Manager
Name: Kelsie Cook
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $16.75/hr + $45/Weekly Stipend (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 10hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-3727-2020
Last Date to Apply: April 23, 2020
Under the direction and support of the Unitrans Maintenance manager, Organize and supervise Support Services staff in order to keep all Unitrans equipment and facilities in the best appearance, with particular emphasis on bus exteriors and interiors.
The successful candidate may hold this position through expected graduation date based on satisfactory performance in the position.
Unitrans is an equal opportunity employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
A. Organize and supervise vehicle cleaning, including:
1. Ensure vehicle cleaning occurs on a daily basis with evening and weekend crews
2. Coordinating with Operations and other campus partners to determine which vehicles should be cleaned
3. Ensuring all vehicles cleaned meet quality control standards
B. Supervise Support Services staff, including:
1. Conduct meetings with Support Services Supervisors on a regular basis
2. Coordinate with Human Resources Manager to recruit Support Services Supervisors and Assistants
3. Coordinate with the Unitrans Training Manager for vehicle operation in the parking lot
4. Coordinate bus washer training with a shop representative
5. Immediately report all vehicle accidents to the Route Supervisor
6. Notify the Route Supervisor or Dispatcher of any damage discovered during the vehicle cleaning process
7. Work with the Unitrans Safety Manager to file worker’s compensation claims and to conduct investigations
8. Responsible for bi-weekly payroll records
C. Maintain cleaning equipment, washing area, and stock of cleaning supplies:
1. Oversee maintenance of bus washer
a. Ensure bus washer operates as designed
b. Perform minor repairs, as necessary
c. Report any problems to shop representatives
2. Ensure that the wash pad and bus wash area are cleaned
3. Maintain stock of cleaning equipment
a. Maintain inventory of printed Support Services forms
b. Maintain inventory of all cleaning supplies
c. Notify Shop Storekeeper when supplies are needed
A. Must work as current Support Services Supervisor
B. Operate transit vehicles, as needed
C. Must not be on strike or accident probation
D. Participate in weekly manager meetings and bi-weekly meetings with the maintenance manager
The skills, knowledge, and abilities necessary to perform the duties of the Unitrans Support Services
Manager may be acquired, to a large extend, through on-the- job training and experience. Only general, fundamental attributes necessary for this position are listed below:
A. Ability to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility
B. Ability to communicate along all lines of authority
C. Willingness to work well with others
D. Willingness to complete physically demanding tasks
E. Willingness to work in adverse weather conditions
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.