Unitrans: Recruitment and Retention Coordinator
Name: Akshara Bangalore
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Hours may vary between approx. 5-15 hours per week depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: April 25, 2020
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-3730-2020
Last Date to Apply: April 24, 2020
Assist the Human Resources Manager in sustaining current employee morale and facilitating morale-building activities for employees. Assist the Human Resources Manager in recruiting new employees.
The successful candidate may hold this position through their expected graduation date based on satisfactory performance in the position.
Unitrans is an equal opportunity employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
A. Coordinate Retention Events and Activities for Employees
a. Meet regularly with the HRM to discuss retention efforts and evaluate effectiveness
b. Plan at least two employee appreciation events per quarter
c. Create a calendar with the HRM of events and deadlines to achieve stated goals
d. Collaborate with the Marketing Manager to create content (media, designs, etc.) to promote Unitrans retention events
e. Coordinate the set-up and take-down of supplies at retention events
B. Facilitate Unitrans Employee Social Media Related to Retention
a. Promote events and participation via social media and in-person interactions
C. Develop and Implement Recruitment Plans/Events for New Employees
a. Identify and coordinate recruitment opportunities throughout campus
b. Work with HRM to plan events to promote Unitrans positions
c. Meet regularly with the HRM to discuss recruitment efforts and evaluate effectiveness
d. Create a calendar with the HRM of events and deadlines to achieve stated goals
e. Collaborate with the Marketing Manager to create content (flyers, booklets) to promote Unitrans positions
f. Coordinate the set-up and take-down of supplies at recruitment events, including recruitment of existing Unitrans staff to assist with these activities.
- Must be able to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility.
- Must be able to work in groups as both a leader and a team member.
- Must be highly motivated and able to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to communicate and maintain relationships along all lines of authority.
- Must be able to work with people in a professional and amiable manner.
- Ability and willingness to learn a well-developed knowledge of Unitrans policies, procedures, and culture.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Experience in event planning and comfortable with handling money.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel in drafting budget proposals is highly preferred.
- Ability and willingness to learn a well-developed knowledge of Unitrans policies, procedures.
- Ability to effectively interact with individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities.
*Recommended: effective means of personal transportation and the ability to transport event materials
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list any previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.