Student Government: Academic Affairs Commission Chair
Name: Naomi Reeley
Payrate: Volunteer w/Stipend $81/wk - (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Hours may vary between approx. 10-15 hours per week depending on individual circumstances. Hours beyond specified commitment are considered additional volunteer experience.
Start Date: July 1, 2020
End Date: June 30, 2021
Job Number: 0008-3740-2020
Last Date to Apply: April 23, 2020
Organize, coordinate, and oversee all commission activities and new projects. Recommend and implement relevant programs, policies, and legislation. Represent the commission's decisions at Senate meetings as an ex-officio member of the Senate.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Hold weekly Academic Affairs Commission meetings
- Attend all senate meetings
- Work with undergraduate education
- Inform senate of student body academic issues
- Recommend delegates for academic senate committees to ASUCD President
- Plan and execute programmatie events
- Help, guide, and work with commissioners on their individual projects.
- Communication skills
- Public speaking skills
- Good understanding of the commission and its goal to serve students
- Good understanding of SJA
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list any previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.