Unitrans: Transit Planning Manager
Name: Micah Sakadao
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 12-15 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-3742-2020
Last Date to Apply: April 30, 2020
Coordinate and oversee all tasks related to Unitrans planning efforts within the University of California, Davis and City of Davis communities.
The successful candidate may hold this position through expected graduation date based on satisfactory performance in the position.
Unitrans is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Supervise and coordinate Unitrans planning efforts (50%)
- Analyze and interpret data and make recommendations for service changes and route timing.
- Work with a wide range of Unitrans department managers to develop short and long range department projects.
- Create and update planning materials as needed.
- Schedule and attend weekly planning department meetings.
- Work with the Operations Department and Marketing Department on service-related items (25%)
- Work with Operations Manager on developing annual service plan.
- Amend service as necessary (e.g. mass reroutes) and evaluate changes/needs for service with the Operations department.
- Communicate effectively with Marketing department to produce materials related to change in Unitrans service types, announcements, etc.
- Assist Operations department and Marketing department with coordination of large events, such as Picnic Day service.
- Work with the community and Unitrans internal staff to develop annual service changes (15%)
- Update annual service plan and propose modifications based on interpretation of public demand and Unitrans service capabilities.
- Propose changes to Unitrans Advisory Committee and modify proposals based on community input.
- Respond to customer complaints and comments effectively, concisely, and professionally.
- Miscellaneous tasks as necessary (10%)
- Maintain department supplies and records.
- Handle internal department concerns and manage/maintain staffng of transit planning assistants.
- Assist other departments and complete miscellaneous projects as necessary.
- Attend weekly manager meetings.
- Have a very well-developed knowledge of Unitrans routes, schedules, and operation.
- Be able to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility.
- Be highly motivated and require minimal supervision.
- Be able to work with people in a personal and amiable manner.
- Have good computer skills and a desirable level of proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Be able to communicate along all lines of authority.
- Be creative, open-minded, and capable of critical thinking in large groups.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.