Whole Earth Festival: Unit Director
Name: Kyle Krueger
You can visit the Whole Earth Festival website to learn more about them.
Payrate: Volunteer w/Bi-Weekly Stipend of $151.37/week (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approx. 19 hours per week depending on individual circumstances. Hours beyond specified commitment are considered additional volunteer experience.
Start Date: June 11, 2020
End Date: June 12, 2021
Job Number: 0021-3755-2020
Last Date to Apply: May 27, 2020
Charged with managing and overseeing Whole Earth Festival, a unit that is responsible for the planning and execution of an annual three-day event on campus, which promotes and emphasizes a sustainable, holistic way of life.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the unit and establish yearly goals that align with the 2020 Vision for ASUCD
- Hire and manage all staff including recruiting, training, evaluating, motivating, delegating, and monitoring their activities. Schedule ongoing staff meetings.
- Collaborate with Creative Media to market the unit and increase visibility
- Develop and track metrics within Unit to drive decisions and present with quarterly reports.
- Create and present a written report once a quarter to ASUCD Senate, meet with adopted Senator for the unit on a quarterly basis, and act as the liaison between the student government and unit.
- Attend unit director trainings as required by ASUCD leadership.
- Collaborate with ASUCD Business Manager to ensure that operational practices comply with ASUCD/UC Davis Policies and Procedures.
- Collaborate with the ASUCD Controller to review and evaluate unit budget.
- Maintain Unit policies and procedures.
- Uphold, safeguard, and promote ASUCD’s values and philosophy relating to ethics, integrity, social responsibility.
- Act as the point person to resolve issues within the unit. Bring larger issues to the attention of the ASUCD President and ASUCD Business Manager.
- Perform administrative duties and work independently.
- Interpersonal communication skills and exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong time and project management skills.
- Ability to motivate and inspire staff.
- Proficient at Gmail and Microsoft Word.
- Understanding of periodic finance and accounting preferred.
- Experience managing employees and/or volunteers preferred.
In order to be eligible for consideration and interview, successful candidate must be able to commit to:
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous any previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.