Unitrans: Conductor Manager
Name: Lin Mei
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $17.25/hr + $40/week stipend
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 10-15hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-3759-2020
Last Date to Apply: May 7, 2020
Supervise and coordinate Unitrans conductors, including shift selection, safety policies and training.
The successful candidate may hold this position through expected graduation date based on satisfactory performance in the position.
Unitrans is an equal opportunity employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
A. Supervise Unitrans Transit Conductor Program (30%).
1. Coordinate with Training Manager any changes to Conductor policies that will affect Double Deck drivers
2. Make recommendations to Training Manager for Alexander Dennis and RT training updates
3. Communicate with Career Staff and Student Managers on a regular basis.
4. Supervise all Conductor trained employees.
5. Delegate and assign tasks to Conductor staff as necessary.
6. Involved in all disciplinary actions related to Conductors.
7. Attend all mandatory meetings for service which includes Conductors.
8. Conduct mandatory meetings for Conductors.
9. Supervise shift selection for all service including Conductors.
B. Administer the Unitrans Conductor Training program (30%).
1. Train all Unitrans Conductors in accordance with the training program.
2. Complete all necessary paperwork for each trained employee.
3. Regularly evaluate and update the Conductor Training program to address issues regarding safety and customer service.
4. Organize annual staff training/development session.
C. Administer Conductor evaluation and re-training (25%).
1. Provide and document in-service evaluations of every Conductor about once each academic quarter.
2. Provide and document out-of-service re-training to all Conductors as considered necessary.
3. Submit training and evaluation records for review and filing.
D. Participate and assist in Driver Training Program (10%).
1. Perform the non-shifting Double Deck drive test for those eligible to become Double Deck drivers.
2. Attend Driver classroom training to teach customer service procedures.
E. Coordinate with shop on double deck issues (5%).
1. Work with shop manager to identify and solve problems with double deck buses.
A. Develop personal training skills and maintain personal conducting skills.
B. Must not be on strike or accident probation.
C. Conduct a minimum of ten permanent shifts per quarter.
D. Hold office hours a minimum of one hour per week.
E. Participate in the selection and training of the subsequent Conductor Manager for the following year.
The skills, knowledge, and abilities necessary to perform the duties of the Unitrans Conductor Manager may be acquired, to a large extent, through on-the-job training and experience. Only general, fundamental attributes necessary for this position are listed below.
A. Ability to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility.
B. Teaching skills necessary to train student employees.
C. Organizational skills.
D. Knowledge of the Unitrans system.
E. Ability to communicate along all lines of authority.
F. Desire to work with people in an amicable and personal manner.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.