Student Government: Student Sustainability Career Fair Committee Member
Name: Lara Ibrahim
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 3-5 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: May 26, 2020
End Date: June 1, 2021
Job Number: 0008-3766-2020
Last Date to Apply: May 24, 2020
We are looking to create a new, on campus, Sustainability Career Fair. The purpose of this committee is to arrange, host, and facilitate career fairs with Sustainable Career paths and opportunities as its focus. We believe that it is important to highlight companies that are sustainable and/ or work within the environmental field. We also believe that students should be exposed to these companies when searching for a career or internships.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Must attend and actively participate in committee meetings
- Complete tasks in a timely fashion
- Help coordinate events
- Research and contact environmental/sustainable companies
- Publicize events through social media and posters flyers
- Open mind and positive attitude
- Ability to work well with others
- Previous and/or present connection to various environmental or sustainability organizations preferred, but not required
- Planning and organizational and skills preffered
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.