Student Government: Environmental Policy and Planning Commissioner
Name: Hunter Ottman
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 5-7 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: June 1, 2020
End Date: June 1, 2021
Job Number: 0008-3767-2020
Last Date to Apply: May 24, 2020
To represent the UC Davis student body's interests in environmental issues and sustainability.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Make recommendations for proposed campus legislation, as that legislation pertains to the environment and sustainability
- Take initiative to improve environmental sustainability on campus by introducing legislation, researching environmental issues impacting the student body, and starting/serving on committees dedicated to solving specific environmental issues AND/OR represent student interests in environmental sustainability off campus.
- Attend weekly commission meetings, and actively engage in all other commission business.
- Strong interest in environmental issues
- High level of motivation; openness to building new skills and knowledge areas
- Competent communication skills and professionalism
- Previous knowledge or experience in environmental work may be helpful, but is not required- students of all majors from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Strong inter-personal skills, and comfortability in working in teams.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.