Student Government: Co-Graphic Designer for Mental Health Initiative
Name: Samantha Veres
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 5-10 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: Oct. 19, 2020
End Date: June 30, 2021
Job Number: 0008-3835-2020
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 10, 2020
The MHI Co-Graphic Designers will design graphics and promotional materials for the Mental Health Initiative in consultation with Creative Media throughout 2020-2021. This includes flyers, logos programs, banners, social media posts, etc.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend weekly team and committee meetings
- Agree to volunteer a minimum of 3-5 hours of work weekly
- Assist with publicity efforts (including tabling, outreach, etc.), programmatic events, policy advocacy, coalition building and attending/supporting MHI events.
- Team members may further apply to be board member assistants or board members for increased involvement later on.
- Prior experience with design related software/programs (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Interest in mental health advocacy preferred
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Why are you interested in mental health education/advocacy? What experiences do you have that would make you qualified to be a part of our team?
- What new ideas do you have to contribute to our current work, such as for the Mental Health Conference or Mental Health Awareness Month?
- What do you hope to gain from being a part of MHI?
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.