Student Government: Student Advocate's Office Chief of Staff
Name: Ashley Lo
Payrate: Volunteer w/Bi-Weekly Stipend of $75.00/week (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid) (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 5-6 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances. Hours beyond specified hours per week are considered volunteer educational experience.
Start Date: Sept. 27, 2020
End Date: June 13, 2021
Job Number: 0008-3837-2020
Last Date to Apply: July 6, 2020
Serve in the Student Advocate's Office, which assists and represents undergraduate students and campus organizations with such as academic or behavioral misconduct allegations, grievances, or other basic needs issues.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Assist the Student Advocate's Office in coordinating the operations of the Office, including but not limited to:
- Management of the staff of the office
- Coordination of casewok
- Attend meetings with and on behalf of the office
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to convey messages effectively while remaining sensitive to others
- Work well in a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.