Pantry: Assistant Director
Name: Ryan Choi
You can visit the Pantry website to learn more about them.
Payrate: Volunteer w/Bi-Weekly Stipend of $113.53/week (pending budget approval - refer to budget for actual weeks paid) (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approx. 8 hrs/week depending on individual circumstances. Hours beyond those specified are considered additional educational experience.
Start Date: July 6, 2020
End Date: June 13, 2021
Job Number: 0025-3848-2020
Last Date to Apply: July 6, 2020
Serve as the lead Pantry staff member responsible for running the COVID-19 Grocery Bag Program throughout Summer
Session I/II, storefront operations throughout Fall - Spring, and second-in-command for campus distribution operations and
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Weekly responsibilities
◦ Facilitate one 1 hour weekly Summer staff team meetings to report on operations and programs.
◦ Lead three 2.5 hour shifts weekly to receive food bank delivery, clean and organize the Pantry facilities, run
stations during grocery bag distribution event.
- Daily responsibilities
◦ Respond to emails and messages between the Summer staff team.
◦ Contribute to program planning and coordination efforts.
◦ Communicate meeting and shift absences in advance to Unit Director.
- MUST STAFF at least three 2.5 hour shifts each week (Monday 8:30AM-11AM, Thursday 7:00-9:30AM, Thursday 9:30AM-12:00PM)
- RECOMMENDED EXPERIENCE: One prior quarter of serving on the Pantry staff team.
- Knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn, university and community resources to assist students in meeting basic needs.
- Ability to identify problems, use sound judgement and reasoning to make decisions autonomously.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.