Executive Office: Affordable Housing Focus-- Executive Staffer
Name: Kyle Krueger
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 3-5 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: Aug. 17, 2020
End Date: Dec. 18, 2020
Job Number: 0035-3861-2020
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 16, 2020
Work on a student-led team to develop and complete special projects dedicated to student housing. Responsibilities will vary as new projects arise.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Meet with the task force on a weekly basis.
- Propose any relevant project ideas to the task force.
- Bring creative ideas and a willingness to work on a variety of housing projects.
- Tasks may include but are not limited to: outreach to local property managers, web design, collaboration with other ASUCD units and student organizations, attending Davis city council meetings, and publicizing the work of the housing task force.
- Creativity and flexibility; willingness to contribute to a variety of projects.
- Strong work ethic.
- Passion for advocacy on behalf of UC Davis students.
- Consistent communication with task force leaders about your availability and schedule.
- Comfort with virtual communication, ie with campus staff, property managers, or city council members is preferred.
- No experience with housing advocacy or politics is required.
- Previous experience in ASUCD is not required; applicants of a variety of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.