Executive Office: "FUN" Committee Focus-- Executive Staffer
Name: Kyle Krueger
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 3-5 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: Aug. 17, 2020
End Date: Dec. 18, 2020
Job Number: 0035-3862-2020
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 16, 2020
Work on a student-led team to develop and complete special projects dedicated to improving the visibility of ASUCD through fun campus events. Responsibilities will vary as new projects arise.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Meet with the "FUN" task force on a weekly basis
- Bring creative ideas and a willingness to work on a variety of projects both on campus and downtown.
- Work with in consultation with ASUCD Business Manager and local businesses to organize large student events.
- Tasks may include but are not limited to: in consultation with ASUCD Business Manager, collaboration with on-campus clubs and organizations, event preparation and management, volunteer recruitment, design fliers in consultation with. Creative Media, social media campaigning.
- Examples of "FUN" events that we may potentially bring to campus: ASUCD-sponsored volunteer day, painting local businesses downtown, chalking campus or the MU, night-time glow in the dark bike parade, socially-distanced mask-decorating. (Any events in the near future will be adapted to the unique challenges of COVID-19.)
Creativity and excitement; willingness to contribute to a variety of projects.
Strong work ethic.
An ability to communicate and collaborate with a number of campus and city organizations.
Consistent communication with task force leaders about your availability and schedule.
Event preparation or management skills recommended, but not required.
Graphic design and marketing skills welcome.
Previous experience in ASUCD is not required; applicants of a variety of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.