Picnic Day: Vice Chair
Name: Caitlyn Liu
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: Volunteer One-time Stipend of $1921.22 / (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approx. 5 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances. Hours beyond specified hours per week are considered volunteer educational experience.
Start Date: Sept. 28, 2020
End Date: May 21, 2021
Job Number: 0004-3874-2020
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 10, 2020
To Assist the Chair in leading the 14 Directors and Assistant Directors to put on a successful Picnic Day.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
1. Organize Picnic Day kick-off (welcome reception)
2. Maintain close contact with Parade Marshall(s)
3. Monitor and guide 6-7 directors with one-on-one meetings
4. Attend, plan, and help lead weekly meetings
5. Schedule and hold weekly assigned office hours
6. Work closely with Chair and Advisors
7. Organize Rain Plan and Headquarters for day of Picnic Day
8. Focus on customer service experience for the day of Picnic Day
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Composed under pressure
- Time Management skills
- Please describe why you want to be Vice Chair in 250-300 words / 2-3 sentences.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.