Student Government: Mental Health Initiative Team Member
Name: Jennifer Zavala-Briseno
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 3-5 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: Oct. 19, 2020
End Date: June 30, 2021
Job Number: 0008-3885-2020
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 10, 2020
As a Mental Health Initiative Member, you will assist and volunteer with MHI's mental health advocacy and programming efforts, including assist with/organizing the UC Davis Mental Health Awareness Month in May and annual UC Davis Mental Health Conference.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend weekly team and committee meetings
- Agree to volunteer a minimum of 3-5 hours of work weekly
- Assist with publicity efforts (including tabling, outreach, etc.), programmatic events, policy advocacy, coalition building and attending/supporting MHI events.
- Team members may further apply to be board member assistants or board members for increased involvement later on.
-Passion for mental health advocacy or a strong desire to begin delving into mental health advocacy.
-Strong communication skills and professionalism
-A desire to build community, learn, and further expand our initiative
-Take initiative and good/want to improve teamwork skills
-Public speaking recommended, but not required
-Interest/experience in event planning recommended but not required.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Why are you interested in mental health education/advocacy? What experiences do you have that would make you qualified to be a part of our team?
- What new ideas do you have to contribute to our current work, such as for the Mental Health Conference or Mental Health Awareness Month?
- What do you hope to gain from being a part of MHI?
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.