Housing Advising for Undergraduate Students: HAUS Unit Director
Name: Kyle Krueger
You can visit the Housing Advising for Undergraduate Students website to learn more about them.
Payrate: Volunteer Bi-Weekly Stipend of $100.00 per week (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 7.5 hours/week Hours beyond specified commitment are considered additional volunteer experience.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 7, 2021
Job Number: 0032-3925-2020
Last Date to Apply: Sept. 28, 2020
Responsible for managing and overseeing Housing Advising for Undergraduate Students (HAUS), a unit that provides students with the resources necessary to find off-campus housing.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
1. Manage the day-to-day operations of the unit and establish yearly goals that align with the 2020 Vision for ASUCD.
2. Hire and manage all staff including recruiting, training, evaluating, motivating, delegating, and monitoring their activities. Schedule ongoing staff meetings.
3. Collaboate with Creative Media to make the unit and increase visibility.
4. Attend unit director trainings as required by ASUCD leadership.
5. Collaborate with the ASUCD Business Manager and ASUCD Controller to ensure that operational practices comply with ASUCD/UC Davis policies and procedures.
6. Maintain Unit policies and procedures.
7. Uphold, safeguard, and promote ASUCD's values and philosophy relating to ethic, integrity, and social responsibility.
8. Create and present a written report once a quarter to ASUCD Senate.
9. Review and evaluate unit budget.
10. Acts as liaison between student government and Unit. Meet with adopted Senator for the unit quarterly.
11. Develop and track metrics within Unit to drive decisions and present with quarterly reports.
12. Act as the point person to resolve issues within the unit. Bring larger issues to the attention of the ASUCD President and ASUCD Business Manager.
13. Collaborate alongside the ASUCD Advisor to ensure the smooth functioning of Housing Day.
14. Maintain strong communication and relations with local housing complexes
1. Perform administrative duties and work independently.
2. Interpersonal communication skills and solid customer service skills.
3. Strong time and project management skills.
4. Ability to motivate and inspire staff.
5. Proficient at Gmail, Microsoft Word, and Zoom
6. Strong work ethic and leadership skills
7. Passion for meeting the needs of the student body
8. Strong listening skills
9. Propensity for treating others fairly and impartially
10. Propensity for understanding one’s own biases and privileges; open mindedness
11. Respect for, and ability to include and empathize with, people of diverse backgrounds
12. Understanding of operational management and finance.
13. Strong leadership skills
14. Clear vision for unit, and passion for improving the lives of students
15. Experience managing employees and/or volunteers preferred
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.