Student Government: Student Advocate's Office Case Advisor
Name: Ashley Lo
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 8-10 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 30, 2021
Job Number: 0008-3935-2020
Last Date to Apply: Nov. 20, 2020
The ASUCD Student Advocate's Office is a non-partisan office dedicated to assisting students in disputes with the university, while also working to advance basic needs. The goal of the office is to ensure that student voices are heard. Case Advisors in the Student Advocate's Office will work to provide free assistance and representation to students and student groups in various issues, including cases with OSSJA, housing, and other basic needs.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
Case Advisors will be placed in one of three divisions - Academic, Conduct, and Housing.
Academic Division and Conduct Division: These teams will focus on assisting students who have cases of Academic
or Behavioral Misconduct with the Office of Student Support and Judicial Affairs. Case Advisors will conduct appointments with students to help them navigate the disciplinary process, and advise them on how to best approach each situation.
Housing Division: This team will work to advise students on issues surrounding housing. Additionally, it will focus on representing students' voices in conversations surrounding housing, and will create initiatives to improve housing resources for students.
- Exhibits a willingness to lead, passion to serve and decisiveness when necessary
- Strong verbal communication skills & attention to detail
- Strong management skills & consistent reliability
- Knowledge of ASUCD operations & campus involvement
- Demonstrates ambition and self-motivation to serve beyond necessary capacity
- Strong ability to simultaneously spearhead multiple tasks
- vaDevout commitment to serve the Davis community
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.