Picnic Day: Technical Director
Name: Caitlyn Liu
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: Volunteer w/One-Time Stipend of $960.00 (pending budget approval) (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx.10-15 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances. Hours beyond specified hours per week are considered volunteer educational experience.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: May 21, 2021
Job Number: 0004-3954-2020
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 23, 2020
Maintains the Picnic Day website, coordinates with Creative Media, and ensures the Board of Directors has all necessary technical equipment.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Keep track of website analytics
- Update the Picnic Day website as needed (in collaboration with the Graphics Director) with current photos, events, and information.
- Manage Picnic Day office computers and email accounts
- Arrange and organize telecommunications, including telephone lines into and out of the Picnic Day office, as well as radio and cell phone communications between Directors and university staff leading up to and the day-of Picnic Day.
- Contract sound providers and serve as liaison between the Entertainment Director and their lineup of entertainment and the sound providers.
- Provide or arrange for amplified sound needed by any Directors and their events.
- Hire Assistant Directors, hold weekly office hours, attend weekly board meetings and 1x1s, and prepare end of year board report.
- Communication, time management, and organizational skills
- Website or web developer experience
- Knows html, Java, and other relevant programming languages
- Punctual, dependable, responsible, and respectful
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Choose one past experience and describe how it will help you be successful in this position.
- What do you hope to accomplish as Technical Director?
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.