Picnic Day: Student Organization Fair (SOF) Director
Name: Caitlyn Liu
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: Volunteer w/One-Time Stipend of $960.00 (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx 10-15 hrs/wk hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances. Hours beyond specified hours per week are considered volunteer educational experience.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: May 21, 2021
Job Number: 0004-3955-2020
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 23, 2020
Collaborate with student organizations, the Center for Student Involvement (CSI), Fire Prevention, and Environmental Health and safety to implement university policies to produce SOF.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Create applications and an application and approval process for SOF.
- Collaborate with over 80 registered student organizations (RSOs) to organize SOF
- Coordinate the Food Booth Lottery, Food Booth Orientation, and One-Stop Approval Meeting
- On Picnic Day, oversee SOF to ensure it runs smoothly
- Help RSOs fun food booths, fundraising tables, and information tables.
- Hire Assistant Directors, hold weekly office hours, attend weekly board meetings and 1x1s, and weekly meetings with SOF advisor, and prepare end of year board report.
- Communicating with students and university faculty
- Communication, time management, and organizational skills
- Punctual, dependable, responsible, and respectful
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Choose one past experience and describe how it will help you be successful in this position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- What do you hope to accomplish as SOF Director?
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.