Picnic Day: Publicity Director
Name: Caitlyn Liu
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: Volunteer w/One-Time Stipend of $960.00(pending budget approval) (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 10-15 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances. Hours beyond specified hours per week are considered volunteer educational experience.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: May 21, 2021
Job Number: 0004-3958-2020
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 23, 2020
Create and execute marketing strategy for Picnic Day. Collaborate with the Aggie, Creative Media, the Enterprise, KDVS, and other media outlets to publicize all facets of Picnic Day
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Update and maintain a comprehensive list of the media and their deadlines and contracts
- Distribute Picnic Day poster and the Schedule of Events throughout the campus and community
- Develop publicity strategies with Chair and Vice Chair
- Collaborate with Creative Media, Graphics Director and Aggie Studios in preparing a press video
- Collaborate with all Directors to assess their publicity needs
- Keep a record of news articles and other media mentions
- Hire Assistant Directors, hold weekly office hours, attend weekly board meetings and 1x1s, and prepare end of year board report.
- Communication, time management, professional, and organizational skills as well as being punctual and responsible
- Past experiences with marketing, publicity, copywriting, and knowledgeable of social medias including Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat.
- Comfortable communicating with other students and university faculty
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- What do you hope to accomplish as Publicity Director? (200 words max)
- Choose one past experience and describe how it will help you be successful in this position.
- Overall, describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.