Picnic Day: Business Director (Sponsorship Director)
Name: Caitlyn Liu
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: Volunteer w/One-Time Stipend of $1281.00 (pending budget approval) (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 10-15 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances. Hours beyond specified hours per week are considered volunteer educational experience.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: May 21, 2021
Job Number: 0004-3959-2020
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 23, 2020
To manage and oversee (with the Chair) the ASUCD budget for Picnic Day and to obtain sponsors for Picnic Day.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Coordinate purchase orders, reimbursements, recharges, reviews monthly budget statements and other business functions such as ordering supplies and merchandise.
- Update and revise sponsorship package; collaborate with Chair to cultivate relationships with business partners and obtain sponsorships
- Work with the Publicity Director to implement digital marketing practices
- Hire Assistant Directors, hold weekly office hours, attend weekly board meetings and 1x1s, and prepare end of year board report.
- After Picnic Day, assist Chair in preparing budget for the following fiscal year
- Sales-person mindset. Comfortable making cold-calls and conversing and negotiating with partners
- Tenacious and goal-oriented
- Organization, communication and time-management skills
- Detail-oriented, professional, responsible, respectful, punctual
- Overall, describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Choose one past experience and describe how it will help you be successful in this position.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- What do you hope to accomplish as Picnic Day Business Director? (200 words max)
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.