Student Government: External Affairs Commission Chair
Name: Shelby Salyer
Payrate: Volunteer w/Bi-Weekly Stipend of $81.00 (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid) (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 5-10 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: Oct. 20, 2020
End Date: June 30, 2021
Job Number: 0008-3961-2020
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 19, 2020
To lead the External Affairs Commission and report to the ASUCD Senate on matters external to the association and the University of California, Davis. The External Affairs Commission is responsible for establishing rapport and developing relationships with all off-campus public bodies that interact with the students of UC Davis. EAC also investigates and makes recommendations on programs, policies, and legislation to the ASUCD Senate regarding external issues.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Preside over weekly EAC Meeting
- Attend weekly ASUCD Senate Meetings on Thursdays at 6:10 p.m.
- Advise the Senate on the consensus of EAC on issues and legislation pertaining to External Affairs
- Hold four office hours per week (two of which must be be public)
- Inform and discuss ASUCD Senate legislation, projects, and commission responsibilities with EAC commissioners
- Edit EAC Facebook and other forums of publicity
- Post hirings for EAC commissioners and certain committees of ASUCD
- Coordinate staff development and quarterly commission volunteer projects
- Oversee use of EAC annual budget
- Plan and oversee events such as Davis Neighbors’ Night Out, Art in the Air, Davis Volunteer and Service Fair, and Music on the Green
- Enthusiasm for leadership ASUCD, and the community of Davis
- Strong knowledge of and capabilities in outreach, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of ASUCD protocol and bylaws and EAC's purpose and projects
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.